Sunday, July 05, 2009

Family Ties

My family and our dear friend Queensie/Ruth came out to visit me early last month. We attended my convocation, where I got to show off the fam to a bunch of my uni friends. Glinski has requested that my parents adopt him. The convocation speaker was, unfortunately, tedious beyond belief (old media is dead! Did you know?!), but other than that it was a nice ceremony. There were a lot of us taking the extra two or three semesters to graduate, which was nice because I got to cheer lots of people I knew across the stage. I took Thursday off work and we toured around Ottawa, looking at the Art of Papal Rome exhibit at the National Gallery (well worth the time, although we were a little Pieta'ed out by the end). Ruth returned to her native New Jersey, and the rest of us spent the weekend in Wakefield, canoeing and walking around at Lac Philippe and eating absolutely wonderful food at the Moulin Wakefield. Happy days indeed.

No comments: